Become an ally for equality.
Ally for equality, this is a huge phrase. Offering to help, or pay, or behaving gently in the name of chivalry is not becoming an ally. These are the very minimum possession for yourself not for anyone. Presently, I don’t think we need the clarification considering the male stakes all over the world treating females as inferior in one or other ways. And, naming the bare minimum of inclusivity as becoming an ally to equality is the most hypocritical thing ever heard.
We witness the dominating nature of each other irrespective of gender. We tend to blame each other when a problem arises. Pointing fingers and making excuses is the new trend that we are following to escape from the reality and productivity. In this scenario, expecting the helping hands of male counterparts to become an ally is questionable. And, the spike in question rises more because of the underlying inequality.
The growing number of allies for equality is emerging however they feel easy. Because safe space to bloom and flourish is what we collectively determine except for some robbed. The table discussion is going around promoting equality and also, the momentary days like IWD are gaining popularity. But despite this revolution, females are still facing discrimination and violence in every corner. This shows the graph of implemented action is still low in comparison to the framed policies. Because maybe the action is policing the male superiority to shine more. From celebrating the birth of males to contributing to the subservient role of females, females are asked to obey and mourn every assault they face.
And do not be mistaken, equality is not something that men of your place will grant or offer. This is not like giving permission instead, the female should be aware of the tap of equal access and demand rightly. Because as a society, we cannot progress until every individual has equal accessibility. Together we can play longer and significantly.
MEN can help,
Here are the key ways males can be great allies in the collective effort for equality ending discrimination and violence. Unrevealed Thoughts
- Speak up, If you witness someone speaking about women in a derogatory way, point them out for that. The argument is not the solution but the discussion with resources can help you. If in case you’re listening without objecting thinking that’s not your thought is your thought. Silence supports the wrong statement.
- Safe listening space, There’s a huge need for a safe space to listen to each other. This is an experience-based, expert panel, or anything that supports females in growth.
- Do not stare, catcall, or whistle, The gifted sense of females notices when men stare or catcall at us in the street. And, we often ignore and rush back home. If you notice your friend staring at women, call them out on it.
- Educate yourself, Educate yourself means understanding and practicing the consent along with being updated with other social issues around the globe.
- Stand against the violence, violence never identifies the gender but still, the percentage of domestic violence against females is marking a new graph every day. Examine yourself and the mentality of people around you. Never justify the evil because you have some kind of relation with them. Stand against violence and rape culture.
- Hold each other accountable, Stop assuming and defending. You can help by being accountable to each other, by calling out to them, and making sure whatever they did is wrong. Don’t let them go because it’s the very first time.
Holding themselves back for years is what females are doing. It’s simple action each day of ours that will promote women’s rights and the right to bodily autonomy. Begin the conversation and join hands from your sides because the females are not inferior. And, we can be an ally for equality.
Keep Loving, Living, and Sharing. Instagram